Today was very adventuresome and quite enjoyable overall. It started off with Alece and I being quite productive in designing a lesson we were going to teach to our classes in the afternoon. While working on the lesson, my principal came in and asked if I would cover kindergarten for a bit today. The office staff was a bit worried about me going from 6th grade to kindergarten...I don't see why. We made Indian headdresses and my class came in to buddy read with the kindergarteners. I'm not sure who was more surprised to find me in the kindergarten classroom...my co-workers, the parents, the kindergarteners, or my 6th graders. After chilling with the little ones, I was again working in the faculty room when the secretary came in asking for help in the office, that usually means one thing...they needed me to translate. We had two new students registering and the parents didn't speak English. I mustered up my knowledge from high school and did the best I could. For some reason, the parents were really impressed with my speaking...it wasn't really that impressive. After lunch, I got to teach my class about world hunger. Somewhere in the day, I also found out that I am getting a new student on Monday.
Not sure where tomorrow will lead us, but it better be going somewhere or else we will be counting down the minutes before our Thanksgiving break starts.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment