Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tag, You're IT!

Here's how to play: List 3 joys, 3 of your fears, 3 of your goals, 3 current obsessions/collections and 3 random, surprising facts about yourself. At the end of your post, tag 5 more people.

3 Joys
1. I love to see my students "get it." It's more than a light bulb being turned on, it's more of a flood lamp. It shows them that they can figure things out and also shows them how to figure things out.

2. Giving gifts. I get so much more out of giving gifts when I know it is something that the other person will love and I give it to them because they will enjoy it. If I have to give a gift because it's what's expected without finding the perfect item, it is just a task to complete, but if I can see it as something enjoyable for the other, I can't wait to give it to them. I also prefer to give than to get.

3. Voicemail from my nieces and nephew. Those are the best kind, any type of mail (voice, written, or e-mail) makes me happy, but I'm very excited when I find it's from my nieces and/or nephew. If I could, I would run over to their house and give them big hugs and kisses every time I hear from them. It's a connection to home for me.

3 Fears

1. Failure. I can be quite the perfectionist at times so the thought of something not going right really bothers me. Sometimes I find myself not doing something because I don't want to fail at it. I don't like to do things in front of others because I worry that I won't do it right or completely fail at it.

2. Being alone. Not just left alone in a room or by myself for a few days, but really being alone. I like companionship and knowing that I have someone I can run to or call to just talk or ask questions or advice. It's also hard to get hugs if no one else is there.

3. That I'll lose my keys. I'm always checking my pockets to make sure I have them while I'm walking around. One time I freaked out while I was driving around town because I realized my keys weren't in my pocket and I started trying to figure out where I might have left them and then I remembered that I would have to have turned my car on to be driving around and that my keys were in the ignition. The really sad part is that it's happened twice now.

3 Goals

1. To finish my Masters Degree. I always said that I wouldn't go to grad school and here I am taking classes. It won't take too long, but it will take some time and energy. I should be done at the end of June 2009.

2. To finish the Old Testament in the next month or two. I actually pushed past Isaiah and now I only have 200 pages left.

3. Find Prince Charming or Duke Good Looking, I'm not too picky.

3 Current Obsessions/Collections.


1. I can't stand a stack of cards that aren't stacked neatly, it must be straight.

2. Children's books--I have over 900 titles, I use the excuse that I'm a teacher, but I really don't need and use all of those books, but they're just so good.

3. Bing!

3 Random, Surprising Facts About Myself

1. I like to clean unless I have to. I actually prefer to clean someone else's house than my own. I also use it as an excuse to procrastinate other projects.

2. I don't like watermelon, but I do like black licorice and the orange and black peanut buttery Halloween candies that no one else likes.

3. Technically, my first kiss wasn't Jared, it was some kid in my kindergarten class.

Ok, I tag Pam, Steven, Diane, Jen, and Luis (ok, so there's no Luis, actually, I'm Luis...but I don't know of anyone else that might actually read my blog that hasn't already done this)

1 comment:

...Laura... said...

I like the orange and black peanut buttery candies.

And I'd much rather clean someone elses house... unless it's the dishes.

The cookies I made were just my regular choc. chip... not the peanut butter ones. I'll be sure to send you the recipe. They're both from the Mrs. Fields cookbook... if I don't get it to you in the next few days, remind me, because my mom has that same cookbook, so I can do it when I get home.