Well, I've made it back to Utah. I was home for two weeks and had a pretty good time. My parents heard from my brother that I was in California so they weren't surprised when I picked them up from the airport.
Since my last post, I did the following:
* Helped my mom clean and rearrange the house as our family reunion was quickly replanned and moved to California so we were going to have a house full of people.
* I read two books. I never knew that The Neverending Story was originally written and German and that the first movie was only the first half of the book. The second movie is the second half of the book. I could have just read the first half and been content, but I'm trying to read 50 books by the end of the year and my height by the end of the summer. I also read the second Ranger's Apprentice book, it was very good and I'm itching to get my hands on the next one, I've been left with quite a cliffhanger!
* I got a couple more doughnuts...they were delicious!
* My family went to Boomers for four hours. I got to hang out with my niece, she's four years old and too short for the rides, she's also a big chicken and is scared of anything too fast. I was quite surprised when she kept begging me to take her on the go karts. I also discovered that miniature golfing with a two-year-old, a four-year-old, and an eight-year-old is quite taxing and no rules should be followed to keep all engaged.
* The family also went bowling, we took up seven lanes.
* Family swimming at my uncle's during lunch. My niece begged me to take her swimming. The chicken returned as she had a death-grip around my neck. I got a nice sunburn across my shoulders.
* I decided to drive back with my brother, cousin, and cousin-in-law instead of using the other half of my plane ticket. I can save the ticket for later and will be using it for Christmas or something later.
Now that I am back in town, I have to go to work. I went to the first day of a four-day training workshop so I can turn around and help train the 6th grade teachers in my school district.
I'm exhausted. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment