11 years ago
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Cruise Day 1
Day one started out going to the SLC airport. Not too much happened there other than a lot of sitting around and waiting. It was raining so our flight was slightly delayed leaving. While we waited, we had a nice conversation with a guy who was a counselor for EFY so Colette asked him a few questions as she'll be doing that this summer. While we were waiting, my mom called me and arranged a drug deal. She asked me to be her mule and pick up some medications while I was in Mexico. We later decided it wasn't such a good idea and figured it might be hard getting them, so that plan was scrapped (don't worry, we aren't druggies or drug dealers...some legal medications are just cheaper in Mexico). We finally flew out of SLC and landed in Denver just long enough to use the bathroom and walk onto the next plane to Tampa. On this leg of our journey, I sat by a nice, older gentleman. I read a book I picked up from a roommate's left behind stash most of the way there but wasn't quite done with it as we were landing. The nice man told me that I couldn't get off of the plane until I finished the book...don't worry, he still et me get off the plane with about 60 pages left to go. After collecting our luggage, we headed outside to meet the shuttle to our hotel for the night. As we walked out the doors (at 11 pm), we ran into a wall of humidity. I had never experienced humidity quite like that. Needless to say, we did not wear our jeans the rest of the trip. After we checked into the hotel, we found a complementary bottle of water and a package of Oreo cookies, we could tell we were in a good place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment