Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Conundrum

I know that as soon as I tell you what my conundrum is, at least half of you will turn around and tell me, "well, duh!", but it really isn't all that simple.

You see, since I've lived in Provo, I have always wanted to do something that only happens once a year.  It's definitely something that would be a date or at least should be in my eyes.  Every year when it comes along, I long to go, but I never have.  I was really close once, tickets were purchased, the night was planned and then, well, let's just say that it didn't turn out and it definitely didn't end well.

It's that time of year again and tickets are on sale!  The conundrum that I'm having is that as much as I want to go, it goes against my principles in this matter to just go buy some tickets and find someone to go with me.  I guess I have worked this whole idea up in my head for the last x-amount of years that it needs to be something that someone takes me to, not me taking someone else.  In fact, I don't think it's even occurred to me until now that I could just go buy my own tickets and find someone to go with me.  It probably wouldn't be that hard to do, but it would be cheating.

I really want to go and time will be running out fast, but I just don't see it happening this year either.

I know, I know...you're all sitting there screaming at your computers, "What is it?!?! What have you longed to do for so many years?", but I'm sorry, I can't tell you...that would be cheating.

1 comment:

Laura Neill said...

IS it a Christmas thingy? You're right. A date SHOULD be the one buying you tickets and inviting you. Unfortunately in our day this lovely art of the boy being in charge and taking command of the dating has been thrown out the window. The idea of going on a date has been thrown out the window. People just "hang out" now. The prophets have counseled against it and are asking those boys to step up and be men and take the control back and start being traditional again. It's kind of sad that going on a date is kind of a lost art. It's sad that I can't even say I ever had a first date with my husband because we just "hung out". Not that there's anything wrong with hanging out, but there's just something missing. I think boys who still open the doors for girls and officially ask them out on a date have a lot more respect for the girls and for the act of courting. Unfortunately these boys are nearly extinct. If you truly believe this is what you want than stick to it! Hold strong and your prince charming will come along....
Love you!