Monday, March 14, 2011

Rules are Rules

Dear Mr. Acura Man,

I'm sorry that I had you towed tonight, but you should have followed the rules. It is clearly posted by both entrances to my complex that, as a guest, you should park in spots labeled for guests. By taking another spot, you are forcing the owner to then park in a guest spot which will then get them towed as they are breaking the rules. I would have understood if you just needed to run in to get something or to pick someone up especially if there were no guests spots available, but there were several guests spots available and I waited more than ten minutes before even thinking about having you towed, more than an ample amount of time for you to return to your car. I'm sorry that I did not go door to door to the other 142 apartments to hunt you down and warn you that your car would be towed if not moved. I had several people tell me that I shouldn't tow you because it's so expensive and is just not fun at all, to which I say to you, Mr. Acura Man, shame on you for making me have to choose between towing or being towed myself. Since I own the spot and I did not break the rules, the choice was clear.

2 comments:

Pam said...

You done did the right thing! Don't feel bad. BTW- mom tried getting me to choose a different fabric.

Diane Conn said...

You know what I thought you should do, but towing works too.