Today was great because I really put myself out there. At church lately I have made it a goal to talk to as many new people as I dare. I have a really hard time talking to people if I don't know them very well so I really don't talk to people that I don't know at all. Each Sunday, I pinpoint someone new to ask to pray before and after my lesson in Sunday School, I'm starting to learn names this way. In Sacrament meeting, I find an empty chair next to some people I don't know. Not only do I get to know their names but then we chat a bit and learn a little something extra as well. Today, after church, I was invited to join a group of people for a little potluck in my complex--there aren't that many people in my complex that are in my ward so I'm glad I'm getting to know the people that are here. I have felt like a piece of the background in the ward for quite awhile now, but with so many new people and a new calling, I feel like I'm pushing my way forward. I was also able to help a friend out with one of her classes today but also just sat and talked with her for a couple of hours. I have friends!
Another exciting thing that happened this week is that my sister finally posted some of the pictures she took of me this summer. This is one of them:

She's a really good photographer! You should hire her, go check her website out! And her blog! There are more on Facebook if you are friends with me or Diane.
Still waiting on Prince Charming. No white horses have galloped up to me and no brooms have been put in action either. At this point, bring on the blind dates! I'm in a good mood and as long as you're not setting me up with someone just because we're both single or both short, I will probably be ok with it. The more I look at my ward, the more I think, "Dang, they're so young!" I've finally gotten rid of all of the roommates and enjoy having the house to myself, but I'm kinda looking forward to sharing it again.
Other than that...I had ice cream for dinner tonight. It was delicious!
1 comment:
I want to eat dinner at your house!!
Post a Comment